My Digifest Experience | My Life


About a month ago now, I was lucky enough to be able to go to an event called Digifest with my sister for her birthday to see my favourite YouTubers! I had never been to anything like it before in my life but let me tell you, it was definitely an experience.

If you're not a fan of YouTube, you may not understand what all of the fuss is about so to put it into perspective for you, it's equivalent to meeting your favourite artist or actor! However I did feel rather out of place standing in a crowd of 15/16 year olds who are still in high school (seeing as I am in university) and I don't think I have ever heard so much screaming in my life (and I have to admit that some of that screaming did come from me...). But meeting these YouTubers (who are actual just real people who never ever expected YouTube to become so big), I realised that we were all putting these very normal people in a very unfamiliar position.  


I can't even imagine what it must be like for them to have thousands of people screaming their name, or to have people queuing up for hours and hours to just get a glimpse of them. It must be surreal! But the thing that I don't think any of them would have expected was for people to get hurt because of them. During the show, people were being pulled out by the security team as they fainted from being dehydrated, squashed and pushed. I stayed well away from this mosh pit as I knew that it would be way to dangerous. There was so much pushing and shoving, that it was just not very safe. I'm not entirely sure how they could have avoided this situation, but I'm hoping no one got hurt too badly. 


My sister and I were lucky enough to have VIP tickets which were not cheap, and were more than twice as much as the general admission tickets. To be honest, it was definitely not worth what I paid for as the only extra benefit was that I got to meet them in person. For some they would do anything to do that, but what they don't realise is that we were very restricted and rushed whilst we met them. We had to wait for hours to get to see them as the queue was so large as they sold way too many VIP tickets and not everyone got to meet them. Luckily, my sister and I did manage to see them but all we had time to do was to get their autograph and a picture before moving briskly to the next person. It was also somewhat awkward meeting them as there was literally nothing to say to them which didn't sound too fangirly. But what I realised when I did meet them was that they were all very nice, and very grateful for everyone who came to meet them. 


So would I go again? Probably not. I didn't like how the whole day was run, and when we first bought the tickets, there was no information given about when it started, where to go, what the schedule for the day was, or anything. The only thing that proved we had tickets was the receipt we got from PayPal, and nothing from the actual company. It was very badly run and organised as not a single email was sent to me from the Event telling me what to do. My sister and I thought it started at 2pm (as that is what the website originally told us when we first bought the tickets), but they had changed it to 11am which we didn't realise until the day of the event. Also the meet and greet set up was so cramped and terrible as there was a massive table in-between us and the YouTubers, and we were pushed along by the event staff like a production line. Which leads me to my next criticism of the day, which was that the even staff were probably the most horrible people. They would tell you off, give you mean glances, rudely tell you to move etc. It made the day a whole lot more unenjoyable.

But I think my rant shall end here. I am very grateful that I did get this opportunity to meet everyone that I did, and I am glad that I was able to experience this. If you have any questions or would like to know more about the day, let me know by leaving me a comment. I would also like to apologise for the length of this post, but I could literally go on for years. I hope you enjoyed this post! 

Love From Elizabeth x

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Cute pics!
    I bet you had a great time! ^_-*

    ❤ ✿ MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rinako! I definitely did have a great time!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  2. Omg you met so many youtubers! Great pictures x

    ReplyDelete
  3. that sounds insane, like a one direction gig....but sounds worse! love funforlouis though xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was insane and I have such mixed feelings about it. Funforlouis is the best :)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  4. Aw that looks so cool! Its so insane how now we have youtube celebs and whatnot! I love the internet.

    Lets keep in touch and follow each other on bloglovin! I always follow back!

    Love from Canada,
    Marie from www.ElleCharie.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to Summer in the City and feel a bit reserved about it. The crowd must've been horrible!
    Vena xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks really cool, awesome pictures!

    Jules x

    ReplyDelete
  7. It doesn't sound very organised but I bet it was a great day all the same!
    xx

    Salted Roses // UK Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts