What I Actually Think Of The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Product Review


So you have probably seen The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water all over the blogosphere and are probably sick about people raving about how amazing it is! Because I sure am! But I'm going to give my honest opinion about this product rather than jumping on the "it's amazing" bandwagon! 

I saw so many reviews and posts about this product saying that it was simply the best and a perfect dupe of the Bioderma Micellar Solution (a product I have never tried). Every review I saw could only say very good things about it so I decided that I HAD to get it (especially because my previous makeup remover was running out)! 

My initial reaction to it was "am I using this correctly?" because I was not finding it incredible. Everyone had built it up to be the most amazing product in the world. I bought it in the purpose of removing any leftover makeup that may be on my face after washing it with my usual exfoliator (specifically for my eye makeup). I found that this product doesn't remove my eye makeup very easily and I feel like I have to rub around my eyes a few times to get it off (and I feel that when I do this, I am pulling at the delicate skin around my eyes). I was definitely not wowed by it. 


However it does eventually get all of your eye makeup off, and once it is on the cotton pad, it doesn't transfer back onto my skin if I wipe it somewhere else (like my previous makeup remover). But it does work very well in removing excess foundation that may be on your skin (that doesn't appear to be there). And yes, it does leave your skin feeling very soft, but I tend to put more products on my face afterwards so I don't completely notice this effect. But there are some redeeming qualities like how it doesn't leave any sort of residue on your face, how it is unscented, and how it doesn't cause breakouts.

But all in all, it is a decent product that does what it says! And for it's reasonable price of £3.33 (currently at Boots here) it is a good product for the quantity! But would I repurchase it? No, I wouldn't. It was simply not what I was hoping for, and I think I may try The Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh Eye Make-Up Remover as I think it would be better suited to what I want. Now I am not saying I HATE the product, but I am simply saying that I don't LOVE it and it was definitely made out to be so much better than what it is by other people.

Have you tried The Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water? What do you think of it? Do you have any affordable eye makeup remover recommendations? If so, let me know in the comments!

Love from Elizabeth x

Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. i was really tempted to buy this product as, like you, ive read so many rave reviews of it... its refreshing to read a completely honest review! i'd love it if youd comment back http://amyelizabethfashion.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/catch-ups-apologies-and-week-of.html xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I'll check out your blog now :)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  2. i agree with you! i regret buying this and now i'm not sure what i'm gonna do with the huge bottle i have...
    http://matchboxrose.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad someone agrees with me!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  3. I like this product but then I don't use it for eye-makeup remover and it's generally something I use if I can't be bothered to clean my face properly haha. I have the Garnier Skin Naturals Fresh Eye Make-Up Remover though and I think these two work well together!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will definitely try the eye makeup remover! Thanks!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  4. L'Oreal's Absolute Makeup Remover for eye and lip has been a favourite of mine for a while. I find it both gentle and effective - I agree that the last thing you want to be doing is scrubbing at your eyes to get your makeup off! x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review doll, really honest and mega helpful as I'm yet to try this but it has been on my radar. Thanks for sharing :)x

    The Belle Narrative

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wanted to try this but I might just stick to my makeup wipes now
    P.S I'm running a giveaway at the moment if you want to enter:) x
    The Lipstick, The Girl and Her Wardrobe Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah it is definitely not worth the hype!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  7. I love your blog and have nominated you for the Liebster Award, check it out here:

    http://www.pinkpolkadotandpopcorn.com/2014/04/liebster-award-nomination.html

    Don't forget to message me when you have answered my questions, I would love to see your answers!

    Helen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks but I've already done it :)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  8. Such a great post! Sounds good~ ♡´・á´—・`♡
    Following you on GFC and google+ now! I hope you will do the same dear~
    Keep in touch! ♡

    ❤ ✿ VISIT MY BLOG ✿ ❤
    Rinako

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :)
      I will definitely check out your blog now!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  9. great post thank you for sharing ! i've been wondering about this product for a while now!

    This Girl Loves Chic

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't tried it because I'm not buying Garnier products but I have tried Bioderma and use it every single day. It really is amazing. However, it can still irritate my eyes a little. I've found The Body Shop Camomile Waterproof eye & Lip Make Up Remover to be perfect for the eyes - no irritation or anything! You can try it if you're after eye-specific remover.

    Mademoiselle-Lala.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation !! I will definitely check it out!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  11. this sounds like a great product! it's such a bargain too so it makes sense to give it a go :)
    www.marylee31.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wrote a review on this product earlier in the week and have found it pretty much the same as you - too much effort to remove eye makeup! I probably would repurchase it though

    Shannon Rebecca | Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! It is way to hard to get eye makeup off!! But again it is great at removing other makeup and leaves your skin so soft, its such a dilemma !!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  13. I haven't tried this...but I have seen a million reviews! Not sure if I want to try it.

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just depends on what you want to use it for! If you want it specifically to get your eye makeup off then it is not really worth it. But if you want it as just an easy way to clean your face then you should definitely check it out as it leaves your face so soft!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  14. Oh I was tempted to by this because I heard such good things about it. But I might just stick to my makeup wipes :) Good post though!
    Hannah :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this product, it's my favourite skincare product at the moment!!
    I nominated you for the Inspiring Blogger Award by the way :)
    The nominations over on my blog: www.coloursofautumn.com

    Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I find micellar waters really interesting but I think I'll stick to oils for the time being

    http://www.mercuteify.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wonderful review. ;-)
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sounds like it's trying to rival Bioderma xx

    http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  19. I was thinking of getting this because of all the rave reviews but now I'm glad I saw this review, it saved me £3! Honest reviews are such a relief!
    Comment back maybe?
    sashahope.com xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts