Topshop Glow Highlighter | Product Review


On my previous posts, I had a few requests to do a product review on the Topshop Glow Highlighter and I couldn't not meet your requests!! As you know, I bought this product rather recently, and it's actually one of the first highlighters I have ever bought. I never really thought that they were necessary for a look, but of course I was oh so wrong.



So Topshop has two different shades for this product, one in Gleam which is a rose gold colour, which is probably better suited to people with darker skin tones, the other one (which I have) is polish, a beautiful whitish pinkish sort of colour. First off, shall we just admire how stunning the packaging is! This highlighter is a cream so it's super easy to use and has a lovely soft texture. The creamy consistency makes it easy to blend which is always good, because you don't want your highlighter to be completely separate to the rest of your face.

Without Highlighter
With Highlighter






















So while using this product, I was very careful and only used very small amounts as I was experimenting with how much I wanted. Now a little does go a long way, so I am pretty sure that this jar is going to last me a very very long time. I don't have much to compare this highlighter to, but I really do like it. As you can hopefully see from the pictures, it gives a nice subtle glow to your face, and is perfect for defining your cheekbones.

To do this look, I took a small amount on my finger and dabbed it on my cheek bone, to highlight it. I didn't wipe it on my face but instead dabbed to ensure that none of my base makeup would rub or smudge. I had read somewhere else that using this causes your makeup to just wipe off, but that was probably due to how they were applying it. It was extremely hard to photograph the highlighter on my face but hopefully you will be able to notice the difference between the two pictures! But all in all, this is a really great product, and I would highly recommend that you check it out.

Let me know what your favourite highlighters are and if you have tried this one! Also let me know if you have any requests for future posts!

The  Topshop Glow Highlighter  can be bought at Topshop (obviously) for £9.00 which is not bad at all for such a great product.

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has followed me on bloglovin, it honestly means the world to me that over 100 people have followed me! If you haven't already, you can follow me here.

Love from Elizabeth x

Comments

  1. Lovely review! Definitely going to look into buying this now x

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should!!!
      Thanks for the comment!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  2. So glad you reviewed this as I was unsure about buying this highlighter, despite the fact I loved the packaging, but now I really want to try it! Thanks :)
    Lil x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you enjoyed my post :)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  3. I picked this up in Topshop the other week but I wasn't sure about it and I set it back again! It looks like a good job though x

    Emma | The Fashion Six

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've nominated you for a Liebster award!
    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/liebster-award-nomination.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks but I've already done it :)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  5. Great post! I love Topshop makeup. I don't think it gets enough attention!

    sal/ http://novarellie.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review. I can't believe I haven't heard of this product. Will def. check it out now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. So glad you reviewed this- have been looking into buying it for a while! please check out my blog http://www.lilysbeautyroom.blogspot.co.uk/ thankyou xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you liked it !
      I will defs check out your blog :)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  8. Looks lovely. I'm becoming more and more impressed by Topshop make up lately x

    The perks of being a hipster

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks great! Xx

    Vividlondon.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks! I will definitely check out your blog!!
    Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm very curious to see what it looks like in real life. Need to go to Topshop asap!

    WOMANOUK (beauty and portrait drawings)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks a whole lot better in real life!! You should definitely check it out!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  12. Looks so lovely, glowing!

    I'm running a giveaway on my blog to celebrate 100 followers. The winner gets to choose a MAC Lipstick of their choice x

    The Beauty Drawer

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!
      I will definitely check out your blog and enter!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  13. Wow, you can really see the dewy glow from the highlighter in your after pic. It looks gorgeous. Benefit's Watt's Up highlighter is pretty fabulous too. x

    Kate Louise Blogs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!
      I will definitely look into that!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  14. Lovely review, never knew topshop did a highlighter. Will have to check this out as it sounds good! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You definitely should check it out!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  15. Great review! You look fabulous with and without it!
    Would love if you could check out my blog if you get a chance!
    www.stylecastle.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily!! You're so sweet!
      I will definitely check your blog out now!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  16. Oh wow it looks sooo beautiful on you I need to get my hands on this xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should definitely check it out!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  17. Great post! This looks absolutely gorgeous on you <3
    http://carolinessecretblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline you're so sweet!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  18. I had no idea Top shop sold makeup! This highlighter looks so good on you :)

    xx
    Beautifyinglifee

    ReplyDelete
  19. I have this and dont get much use out of it! Must dig it out!

    www.britishbeautyaddict.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was very skeptical on shopping from Topshop online for their beauty products especially the lip sticks. Are they good?
    This product really impressed me.
    Do add me via GFC, Bloglovin and G+, will def add you back. Do visit me and comment! It means a lot to me :)
    www.naomiganzu.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts