My First MAC Palette | My Makeup Collection






So a few days ago my sister decided to give me what was suppose to be my birthday present (which is about 2 months away) early because she thought that I would love to use it for an upcoming event that we are going to in about 2 weeks now called Digifest! Digifest is practically an event where youtubers from all over the world come together for a meet up and a show here in the UK! We got VIP tickets as my sisters 15th birthday present and I am so so so excited. (Don't worry, she is going to get me another present as well :P )

But onto the actual post!! My sister knows me so well, and she knows that I would never buy anything expensive for myself (I am such a bargain hunter, and I only every buy drugstore makeup). So she knew that I always wanted a MAC Palette and she decided to give me these shades! I absolutely love it and I am so excited to use it. I'm so glad she gave it to me before I went to digifest so I can try out and experiment different ways to use it!

So the shades on the top from left to right are Copperplate and Satin Taupe. And on the bottom row is Sketch and Naked. The top browns are a little darker than what I normally go for, but they are perfect for the days when I want to put a lot of effort in my makeup. The Copperplate is a matte brown colour which is perfect to use as a base. And the Satin Taupe is a beautiful shimmery brown rose gold kind of colour. These two are absolutely beautiful. I still haven't used them to their full ability, but practice makes perfect.

Shades from Left to Right: Copperplate,
Satin Taupe, Sketch
Shades from Left to Right: Naked, Sketch,
Satin Taupe, Copperplate


























Now Sketch is definitely a shade I would have not chosen for myself but can't wait to try out. I think that this burgundy red will definitely go well with my dark brown eyes. I definitely need to practice to make sure I don't look like an absolute mess (as I am not use to how these products go on the eyes). And the Naked shade is probably going to be one of my favourites. It's perfect for highlighting the brow bone. But I will probably just use it all over my lid, to give me a really bright and awake look which you can see in the image below.

When I was trying them out, I found that they are very solid and it's somewhat hard to get it on my lid. This may have been due to my low quality brushes. I definitely need to invest in some new brushes including the MAC 217 which everyone seems to have and love.

Wearing Naked all over my lid

Let me know what your favourite eyeshadows from MAC are. And leave some suggestions for some good eye brushes as I definitely need some new ones!!

Also, I would just like to say that I am going to be changing my schedule for my posts on this blog. I am currently 3 weeks away from my final exams for my first year at university (and I am doing Maths which is not easy) and writing a post every 2 days has been a challenge. So I have decided to instead post twice a week. I think I will post every Sunday and Thursday as I feel that these days will work best for me. But this is not set in stone. Once my exams are over, I will see if I want to change this new schedule. I hope you understand!

Love From Elizabeth x


Follow on Bloglovin

Comments

  1. Oh yay! That palette looks lovely... I don't have any MAC eyeshadows either but maybe I can convince my mum to get it for my birthday hehe :)

    The MAC 217 is possibly my favourite brush ever... I have a few different blending brushes and crease brushes and nothing compares so you should definitely get one! My Zoeva crease brushes are lovely too but when it comes to blending out dark colours and blacks the MAC 217 is so much better than the rest! However it's really a brush designed for the crease and blending so if you're looking for a shader brush to apply and pat colour down on to the lid I recommend zoeva shader brushes... The MAC one is good too but they are just as good as each other in my opinion and the Zoeva brush is much cheaper! The zoeva shader I have is the smoky shader 234 :)
    I have a few Zoeva blending and crease brushes and even though I think the MAC 217 is essential I still love the Zoeva ones (especially the Zoeva 228 crease brush). I love pretty much everything made by Zoeva - I have the Luxe Complete Set. They are high quality, beautiful brushes that are a fair bit cheaper than MAC!

    Sorry for the lengthy comment gaah! But I hope this helps and good luck for exams!

    www.frillsblushfairydust.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! It was super helpful!! I will definitely check out the zoeva brushes like you suggested and I will probably also get the MAC 217 brush because you say that its the best!
      Thanks again for the recommendations, it means a lot!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful shade here! I really want to get my own MAC palette I just fear at the thought of the price tag!

    http://jenni-flower.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right!!! I definitely wouldn't have bought if for myself!! But you should definitely check it out because there are so many amazing shades!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  3. Congrats on your new mac palette:) I really like the colors :)

    http://ellabellascrapbook.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. they're such cute colors! I want one too!

    xx, Be || lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely recommend checking it out as you can choose so many different shades for your palette to really suit you!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  5. I love all the colors! They are just perfect for any occassion!

    Melane | Oh Sweet Remedy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree!! My sister really chose well for me!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  6. Loving these yummy neutrals xx

    reallyliteral.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Christina!! They are just amazing and perfect for an everyday look!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  7. Love the sketch colour, definitely going to have to invest in that! Good luck with your exams too, I feel your pain because i'm in the same situation :(! xx

    CallMeChlo | Beauty and Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! Hope your exams go well too!!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  8. Such a lovely present! Definitely not something I would buy for myself either because who wants to spend that much on just one item?! Not me, haha. As a gift however they work so well. Hope you have fun at Digifest!! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Deb!! I cant wait for digifest! There are just so many youtubers I want to see (Especially Zoella!)
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  9. Don't worry girl! I'm in the same department as you are in!
    I try not to buy expensive make up and settle or drug store brands! LOL!
    That palette is actually really nice! The colours are nice and rich!
    Makes me think about getting one for myself :$ When I get paid.... ahhaah

    http://enticedspice.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you definitely get what you pay for! They are such good quality shades. I may consider buying more shades, as they are £10 each which isn't too bad I guess.
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  10. Beautiful palette! My MAC shadows are some of my favourite.
    And good luck with the exams… I'm in my last year preparing for my finals, so stressful! Hang in there! :)
    Hannah xx

    http://scrapbookconfidential.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah! Good luck with your finals too!!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  11. Awww I like it! Good colors :)
    You have really nice blog!! :)

    www.mint-bee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely colours!!!
    http://www.summerwine.es/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are absolutely amazing!! I would definitely recommend them!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  13. Sketch looks really pretty, I'm looking to fill an empty quad I bought and I'm pretty sure that'll be going in it.. the photos make it look really gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily!! Yeah sketch is really pretty!! I'm not use to wearing such out there kind of colours (i.e. not browns)!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  14. I have naked lunch too and I love it! You should also check out shroom x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great selection of colours, so wearable :)

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Mac... amazing palette!!!
    Would you like to follow each other?
    Happy friday hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Welcome to the MAC world...aren't their palettes amazing?! I love them as well :)
    Omnivogues

    ReplyDelete
  18. This post is making me want to buy some MAC shadows so badly!

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the colours you've picked!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. there's a little $100 jewellery giveaway on my blog if you fancy a look! Click here.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such gorgeous colours, although I could never pull them off!

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm in love with those colours, I could spend millions in MAC! x

    lameyy.blogspot.co.uk New post on how to make money from your iphone, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Really nice colors and great review!

    Mixing Spring's trends 2OUTFITS on lowbudget-lowcost Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely!

    Could you check out my blog and follow it on bloglovin? I will follow back! :)
    I have a new post every day!

    Stay fancy!
    xxx Kelly-Louise

    fancysince1992.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts