Getting Fit To Get That Summer Body | Lifestyle

As we are all well aware, summer is fast approaching and we all want to be looking our best! So in the term that just passed at uni, I started going to the gym because I wanted to make myself a lot firmer and less jiggly. I started going to a class called Legs Bums and Tums which has toned me in all the right places (if you know what I mean ;) ). It's a lot like aerobics and when I first started, I almost felt stupid as you look pretty ridiculous stepping side to side doing knee ups.

For me, classes were a really good way to get started and motivated. Sure you could watch a video of someone doing the same things but you'll be less likely to push yourself to go further. With people around you, watching what you do, it makes you try harder and not have breaks every 5 minutes, no matter how much you are dying. It's also a good idea to try out different classes to see what suits you best. Different classes will focus on different areas of fitness. Some will work on cardio, some on toning, some on strength etc. which is why you should try out different ones to find the one that works best for you.

On sunny days (which is very rare in England), it's nice to go for a run. Luckily for me, my university hall is close to Hyde park which has nice scenic routes to run along. Running isn't my favourite thing to do, because I literally die. I get terrible stitches which makes me want to fall to the ground in pain (but of course I don't). I push through it because that's the only way I'll ever improve and if I do run, I'll get home faster (and wont have to suffer anymore). 

Having a friend who is motivated and eager to get fit also helps. In fact, my best friend Beth at uni is the one who motivated me to start. I would have never gone to the gym or to a class in the first place if it wasn't for her. Having a fitness buddy so important, because even when you don't really want to go, you have a responsibility to go with them, which forces you to go. So find your fitness buddy!!!

And I also want to say that it isn't easy. Each time I go to one of those classes, I pretty much die. I sweat like a pig, and I come out looking as red as a tomato. You're suppose to feel rejuvenated afterwards but I often just feel dead. But I keep going because the pros out way the cons. I could definitely see improvements after just a few weeks and it feels great knowing that you have at least tried (and won't feel as guilty for eating a piece of cake...). And hey, no pain no gain right ?

I would also like to say thank you to everyone who has followed me on bloglovin, it honestly means the world to me that over 100 people have followed me! If you haven't already, you can follow me here.

Let me know what you do to stay fit, and also if you have any requests for me to do any posts related to fitness (perhaps related to diet) let me know! I hope you found this post motivational and helpful! (Also I just want to note that I am getting fit for myself and no one else!)

Love from Elizabeth x

Comments

  1. I agree - classes are the only way to get me to the gym!

    Josie xoxo | Fashion Mumblr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment! I hope you're having a good Sunday!
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  2. I'm so lazy and really want to start to work out more. You have a lovely blog. Would you like to follow each other on GFC and Bloglovin? If you do so please let me know on my blog so I can follow back!

    Allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just followed back on gfc and bloglovin!

      Delete
  3. Love this post it is actually motivating! You look fab <3
    KKKIRANXOXO
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im glad you liked it!!
      Thanks
      Elizabeth x

      Delete
  4. I'm so jealous you have a legs, bums and tums class near you! We don't at my gym and I've always wanted to try it!
    Amy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think running is one of the best choices, if you have the motivation of course! I love the free feeling, plus it give me a chance to listen to all my cringey music alone haha.

    Belle ♥
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just started jogging and I found that it really helps to clear my mind after hours of studying! I am glad for you that you started taking those classes!
    P.S love your blog style!

    http://rolessummerfling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is awesome :) I'm always telling myself I should do a home workout every now and then but never find the motivation or time to. If you find a good workout routine I would love to read about it!

    Lil x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post, I found classes quite hard and sometimes our instructor would single me out which I hated and made me stop going.
    Even though winter is coming in Australia I am going to kick start a healthy lifestyle with a Tea Detox!

    www.kindoflovely.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. It can definitely be hard to get motivated sometimes but the results are most definitely worth it! Good luck with continuing the fitness! :)

    Deb | Debra Bros Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. Me too! Go get it girl xx

    http://reallyliteral.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just come across your blog, love it!
    I try and go to the gym at least every other day but this doesn't always happen! I started out with classes but found them slightly monotonous in the end whereas in the gym, I can do what I want for as long as I like. I definitely feel much better in myself for going to the gym, it's all worth it in the long run :)

    Please check out my new blog too :) thanks! xx

    http://leahpaigejones.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! I just thought I'd let you know i've nominated you for the Liebster Award. Check it out here. x

    www.pieternella.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck! Please check out my blog, it would mean a lot

    wonderfulworldoflilyrose.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awww you look so fab! Classes make me so tired haha!

    Effys Space

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts